Monday, February 11, 2013

Fun finds

Over the Christmas break, the kids and I stayed at my parents for a few days since Kevin had to go back up for work. We just hung around the house since Jack had a really bad cold. The kids played with their new toys and tortured their uncle ;)
I always like to poke around and see what my mom has that she might not want anymore. She has some really cool milk glass bowls and Pyrex bowls that I have my eye on and that she is not willing to give up! This visit I did manage to find a couple of things that she was willing to part with - some awesome fabric from the 60s! My mom was not sure what the yellow floral was intended for but she said the red floral was going to be hot pants - my mom was quite on trend back in the day.



There is no selvage information on the fabrics so I am not sure what kind they are. The yellow floral is some kind of cotton, might be twill and the red might be polyester - kind of has that feel. The yellow floral will definitely get made into something, perhaps a Playdate dress with a white yoke and some rick rack trim. Not too sure what I will do with the red. It reminds me of the Brady Bunch ;) Maybe Erin will be Marcia Brady for Halloween this year!
I'll be heading down to my parent's house again soon. Hope to find some more treasures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the awesome comments!