Friday, February 22, 2013

Dark Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookies

A couple of weeks ago, we got hit with a bit of snow. And by a bit I actually mean fifteen inches!! Erin's school called the night before the storm hit to annouce they were closing school for the next day. Yay snow day!!  More like Yay for not having to set the alarm for 6:15!!

Here is Erin's snowman measuring stick showing nine of the fifteen inches we got!
 So with both kids home and a big snow storm on its way, I felt it was the perfect day to make cookies :) I decided to go with a recipe that I usually only use around Christmas but really can be great anytime, white chocolate chunk cranberry oatmeal cookies. But...I didn't have any white chocolate chunks or dried cranberries and I was not leaving my house with a storm about to hit. What I did have was dark chocolate chips and dried cherries which I think is a great combination and would totally work with the recipe. And it did. They were delicious! And the perfect snack for after playing in the snow :)

 cherries and dark chocolate - yum

plate full of yumminess
heading to our hill to go sleigh riding
our little snowmen family

The kids had so much fun playing in the snow after the storm was over (mommy did too!) And the cookies were a perfect little snack for getting cozy on the couch after some cold weather fun. The recipe for the cookies can be found here at the Ocean Spray website or on the back of a package of Ocean Spray Craisins. If you'd like to make them with the dark chocolate chips and cherries just swap out the white chocolate chunks and cranberry amounts with the dark chips and cherries. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the awesome comments!