Thursday, July 5, 2012

Strawberry picking fun

A couple of weeks ago, my friend and I packed up our kids and some snacks and headed about an hour north of where we live to go strawberry picking. My friend knew of this great organic farm in Ancram, New York called Thompson-Finch Farm. "Thompson-Finch Farm is a family-run fruit farm that specializes in growing certified organic strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and apples. The farm is known region wide for high quality fruit and our season long "Pick-Your-Own" operation."
The drive up was beautiful, lots of farms and old houses to look at on the way. When we got there, we checked in at the fruit stand, had our baskets weighed and one of the workers let us know where in the patch we were allowed to pick. I brought along my own baskets but they do provide boxes if you don't have your own.
The kids had so much fun picking strawberries! They were up and down all the rows carefully selecting the best berries for picking. It was so cute!



yummy berries!

Jack really had the most fun eating all the berries he found!



Delicious!

Erin took her job very seriously!


She did a great job finding berries!

Strawberry picking fun!
We had a great time at the strawberry patch and came home with a lot of strawberries! I took about a pound of the berries and divided them up into bags and froze them for later use. With the rest, I made delicious Strawberry Cinnamon Muffins. I found the recipe on The Cottage Home blog awhile ago and have been wanting to try it ever since. Our abundance of berries finally gave me that opportunity :) The muffins were delish! And we had such a great time at the farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the awesome comments!