Saturday, February 4, 2012

Girl on the go!

This was a busy week over at Once Upon A Notion. So busy that I was not able to finish my special occasion dress for the week 5 Project Run and Play sew a long - oh well hopefully they have the sew along again next season. Anyway, on to the busy week. I attended a launch party for a fabulous new website http://www.thelittlebloom.com/. To quote the About section of the site "The Little Bloom.com (TLB) is a local “one-stop-shop-type” hub designed to simplify mommyhood for Hudson Valley Moms wanting to stay in-the-know." This website is full of awesome resources for moms such as tips for getting your toddler to sleep, winter craft ideas, coupons for local shops and vendors, an events calendar and lots of cool programs like Meals and More and Mom Swap. It really is an amazing site and I am so happy to be a part of it!
The launch party for The Little Bloom was on Wednesday night. My good friend Angela from Little Miss A Designs and I shared a table. We met a lot of great people and had so much fun showcasing our items! It was an amazing night full of amazing food, people and vendors! You can check out pictures from that night over at The Little Bloom's facebook page. Here are a couple of pictures of the table I shared with Angela:


Our table =)

Once Upon A Notion

Little Miss A Designs
For the night of the launch party, each vendor was asked if they would like to offer some sort of give-a-way item. I said I would definitely have an item - what a great way to promote Once Upon A Notion! I was thinking of using my iPad case as a give-a-way but not everyone has an iPad or an e-reader for that matter so that was out as well.  I wanted the item to be something that anyone could use.  Then I thought about how many times I am out and about and wish I had something  in my purse to hold all my coupons, appointment cards, notes, a pen - I am constantly rummaging through my purse looking for all the items I just listed (which can be frustrating - especially to the people behind me on line at any given store when I can't find the coupon I know I JUST had). That is how the Girl on the Go! Organizer came about. This item has pockets like the iPad cover but instead of holding an iPad it holds a 5x8 pad of paper. Perfect for writing up shopping lists and storing the coupons you need, writing down appointments and reminders and just keeping yourself organized while on the go!
Here are some pics of the Girl on the Go! Organizer that I created for The Little Bloom Launch Party give-a-way:
Girl on the Go! Organizer

Inside: multiple pockets on the left hold a pen, business size cards, coupons, notes etc. pocket on the right holds 5x8 notepad and is reinforced with interfacing for extra durability



Button and elastic closure - so you can stuff lots of things in there and still close it!



So it was a busy week here creating some new items and helping to launch an awesome new site! Hope everyone has a great weekend =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the awesome comments!