Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Flipping Over This News!

So, I have a really exciting announcement to make!! I am just "flipping" over here to share this awesome news! The lovely ladies, Emily and Ashley, who blog over at Frances Suzanne are running a year long sewing series called Flip This Pattern and I am going to be competing in it!!! AHHH!!! So awesome!!!



 


 
I was jumping out of my seat when I read the email last month asking if I'd like to sign up for this series. Me!? Really?! Umm yes of course! Have you seen the awesome creations these ladies come up with for their nieces? Of course I would want to be a part of a series that they created! And the line up of bloggers that they have is incredible! I am still in shock that I will be participating with all these talented women. Just check out the list below and you will understand why I am so excited:



 
See what I mean? I am super excited that I will be competing against and sewing along with these amazingly talented bloggers. And also a little intimidated - not gonna lie!
 
The whole premise of the series is to take a pattern and "flip" it. Make it your own in a way through fabric choice or embellishments. And the patterns are all amazing. They really don't need any flipping as they can be made just how they are written and still be awesome. Here is the list of patterns and the month they are going to be featured:








 
 
Every pattern listed is so awesome and I can't wait to sew up Figgy's Sunki Tunic and Leggings! So while I'm not competing until October, I already have a billion ideas and a secret Pinterest board dedicated to inspiration for this pattern. Can you tell I'm excited?!
 
Not only will you be able to follow along and see what the participants are creating, there will be a sew along linky party as well. So don't just sit back and watch, get your machines ready so you can participate in the fun and don't forget to grab a button!




Flip This
Pattern




 





 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Meghan
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Meghan, how exciting!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with :) Love that collection of names up there, a really fantastic mix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica I am freaking out! Lol Thank you so much! I about died when I got the email asking to participate. You are so right about a fantastic mix, there are some serious blogging super stars in this series!

      Delete
  2. Awww, what a sweet write-up!! It's refreshing to know we aren't the only ones who are freaking out over this series :)!! Looking forward to a fantastic year-long sewing event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is going to be a fantastic event! Such a great idea and I am so excited to be a part of it!! Really can't thank you enough!!

      Delete
  3. Haha... do you like that I'm commenting on everything today? This is awesome- congrats.... what a line up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Thank you for all the comment love! I really appreciate it!! I can't wait for this series to start...its going to be so fun!!

      Delete

Thanks so much for the awesome comments!