Tuesday, April 10, 2012

All dressed in their Easter best


This year for Easter I decided to make Erin's dress and also make a matching tie for Jack. I had high hopes of making a dress for myself as well but since I was sewing Jack's tie at 11 o'clock the night before Easter that just didn't happen. I will make the dress for myself one day...hopefully ;)

Little cuties!

Up close of the skirt panels and hem

back of dress
I used the bodice pattern I created for the 60's inspired drop waist jumper - just shortened it a bit. I wish I had tapered it as well because the waist of the dress turned out to be a little big on Erin but the sash helped to cover up the fact - yay! The skirt is made up of twelve panels of three different coordinating fabrics that I purchased at Joann's. It is such a pretty line called Flutter Butterfly. I bought two yards each of the main butterfly pattern, the scrolls and the stripes back in February and had no idea what I was going to use it for! I knew it would be something for Erin because she loves purple so I am really glad I had it when I decided to make her dress.

For Jack, I wanted him to coordinate with Erin so I made him a tie using the stripe fabric and the Little Guy Tie pattern from Make It and Love It. The tie was very easy to make and came out so cute! I will definitely make Jack some more ties using this pattern in the future!

Little man and his tie :)
We had a really lovely day with our family. My brother hosted Easter dinner and made a delicious leg of lamb. He even hid eggs for the kids to find around his living room - he is such a great uncle!!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the awesome comments!