Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring KCW Day 5 continued...

So, I was able to finish the dress yesterday that Erin had turned her nose up at the other day. I am happy to report that she has decided she will wear it for Easter - yay! My time was not wasted after all! Which makes me very happy since I reeeeeally want to make Jack a matching tie with the left over fabric.



The Details:
The Pattern: Classic A-line dress with collar option from Sew Classic Clothes for Girls size 2T width and 6 length
The Fabric:  Kona Cotton in Teal for the collar, DS Quilt Collection Croquet Daisies Brown for the main dress and an old cream colored sheet for the lining

Trims/Notions: Button from my stash purchased from Joann and brown Wright's piping and brown hair elastic for button loop

Notes: I made a long sleeve version of this dress back in during Winter KCW that was a bit too big on Erin. So I sized down this time from a 4 width to a 2 width. I think the fit is perfect now.

I really love the back button. I need to improve on my sewing of the back slit though. I always sew it too wide so there is a gap. It looks even more exaggerated in this photo too because the collar is tucked under the button a bit. The button isn't really that close to the edge.





Despite that fact that Erin has decided she will wear the dress does not mean the photo shoot went that great. The top few pics are the best I could get. The rest of the shoot went like this:





Oh well....at least she is going to wear the dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the awesome comments!