Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Baby Gifts

Hello! It has been awhile....where did November go?? The last thing that I sewed was Erin's Halloween costume and I meant to blog about it but I got sick then Jack got sick then the dog got sick. Ya know...fun stuff ;) Well I finally got back into the swing of things and just in time for gifts! About a month ago, my husband's cousin and his wife welcomed an adorable little girl into their family. We got to meet the little cutie over our Thanksgiving vacation. She is just such a sweet little babe!

When I went to the baby shower back in September, I brought home one of the table runners (which was a piece of really cute owl fabric) to use to make some gifts for the baby after she was born. I made a Noodlehead divided basket and drafted my own little owl stuffie to give as well using the owl fabric from the shower and a few other coordinating fabrics.

The divided basket was so much fun to make and the directions were perfect! Everything came together really easy and I have plans for more of these baskets in the future. If I ever finally learn to knit, I will definitely make one to hold my needles and yarn ;)


 
 

The Details:
Fabric: Owl fabric, pink polka dot and gray all from my local Joann. Unfortunately there is no selvage information and I can't find it online :(
Notions/Trims: Wright's Pink bias binding, Pellon SF 101 and Pellon fusible fleece all from Joann 
Notes: I did not sew up the center of the pocket to make two outside pockets. I had to piece together the owl fabric to make the pocket long enough.
 
 
For the little owl stuffie, I just drew up a little owl and cut out all the pieces to create a pattern. I used a tight zig zag stitch to attach the eyes, beak and wings to give it an appliqued look. I'm pretty pleased with how it came out and think I might make one for Erin for Christmas. She really was smitten with the little guy!
 
 
 


 
 

The Details:
Pattern: self drafted but Gingercake has two really cute owl patterns for purchase here
Fabric: Owl fabric from Joann; tan, white, black fabric from my scrap bin
Notions/Trim: Polyfill from Hobby Lobby


I also bought two cute outfits and put them on one side of the basket and the owl stuffie on the other. A little tissue paper and the gift was ready to go!


Thanks for stopping by!
Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the awesome comments!