Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pretty Penny Lane Pillowcases

This past fall, the husband and I finally bought a new bed. We had been sleeping on a double bed for the last 7 and a half years and it worked for us - until we had kids that decided they wanted to join us in the middle of the night! Now it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't perform acrobatics and alligator death rolls in their sleep but they do so we needed a change. We decided to go all out and upgrade to a king. So much room! It
is almost like having my very own bed to myself! And I hardly notice the late night acrobatics of the little imps that steal into our bed at night ;)

Since we upgraded the bed, we needed to upgrade the sheets and comforter as well.  I found a set that I liked at Macy's and the best part was it was on sale! Yay! And free shipping. Double Yay! The only problem with the set was that the reason it was on sale was because it was a discontinued line so I couldn't order any of the other pillows that came with it and of course they were already sold out. Boo....but wait don't I own a sewing machine? Duh! I could just make pillow cases to go with the new set (smacks self on forehead)

So, that is what I did. I found some fabric in my stash that matched the color of the comforter set and sewed up some pillow cases for two standard size pillows. One of the best parts about this project was it was free! I had two plain white king pillow cases and two standard size pillows already and the accent fabric from my stash. I cut up the king pillow cases so that I could re-make them into standard size with the fabric accent around the side. The other great thing about this project was it was quick and I have some more scraps of the fabric left over along with coordinating fabric that I am going to use to make a pillow cover for a lumbar pillow that I have.

The fabric is from a discontinued Riley Blake line called Penny Lane. I have three fabrics from this line and am so happy that they coordinate with the new comforter set. I can't wait to get started on the pillow cover. I am thinking of piecing the fabric together so it mimics the lines in the comforter. We shall see how that goes. I have so many other things that I want to sew the pillow cover will have to wait awhile.



 
 
Love my new pillow cases!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the awesome comments!