Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Jack's Blanket Finished (finally!)

I finally finished Jack's blanket that I first posted about here.

After I pieced the top together, I put it off to the side so I could figure out how to put the whole thing together. Originally I was going to bind the front piece, batting and minky with some navy blue satin quilt binding. I looked up different tutorials on how to do the binding but just never got around to doing it. So flash forward a year later, I decided I needed to get this blanket done before Jack went off to college! Instead of binding the blanket, I just pinned the top, batting and minky together (top and minky right sides facing) and sewed around the whole thing. I left a small opening to turn the blanket right side out and then top stitched all around to close it up. Simple and it turned out pretty cute!

Cute little bears in airplanes!

Jack was so happy to have something made for him...he took off down the hall to put his new blanket on his bed!

Setting up his new blanket

Almost got it

Yay! A new blanket just for me!!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the awesome comments!