Tuesday, October 9, 2012

KCWC Day 1 and Day 2

Yesterday was the start of kcwc over on the blog elsie marley. I just recently really checked this blog out and I can't believe it took me so long to do so! Meg has some incredible posts on her blog and her sewing is just beautiful! I am so glad that I found her work and this cool challenge. The idea of kcwc is to spend an hour a day sewing kids clothes for a week. The hour could be spent sewing, tracing patterns or cutting fabric. By the end of the week you should have some cute stuff for your little ones to wear!
So for the first day of the challenge, I made some pants for Jack. I used Dana's Kid's pants tutorial with the flat front option and added pockets. I also added faux pocket flaps to the back with the help of this tutorial from The Aesthetic Nest. The only thing I did different with the pocket flaps is I sewed the buttons directly onto the flap and through the pants instead of adding a button hole - and I only did that because I was being lazy and did not want to make button holes ;) The fabric is from Joann's. I bought it last spring and have not since it there since.
Jack loves his new pants, especially since they have doggies on them! And I am happy that I finally sewed an article of clothing for him!
Front

Back

Faux pocket flaps


The second day of the challenge, I sewed a skirt for Erin. I used Dana's simple skirt tutorial and some Riley Blake fabric from my stash. Its from the Happier Gardens line that seems to be discontinued - bummer. I have wanted to make a skirt with this fabric for awhile now so kcwc gave me just the push I needed. I think this skirt will look cute with a yellow long sleeve tee, some brown tights and some boots!

Simple Skirt for Fall
Rick Rack detail
Now to decide what to sew for day 3!

Thanks for stopping by!
Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the awesome comments!