Thursday, July 3, 2014

Summer PJs

The last Friday in May, Erin and I attended a Mother/Daughter PJ Party for Girl Scouts. The event was really cute. The girls played games, made a craft, ate ice cream sundaes and danced their little hearts out. I thought it would be fun to make some coordinating pajamas for us to wear for the night. I finally got around to taking some pics of Erin in her new summer pjs (not the best pics but the weather was not so great the day I took them and my model would just not hear of a re-shoot - models ugh!). Sadly, I have not taken any pics of me in mine......I know you are all so disappointed ha!








The Details:
The Pattern: Oliver and S Popover sundress size 4 shorted to tunic length for the top. Made Kids shorts size 5 for the bottoms
The Fabric: Old bed sheet from Pottery Barn (used the same sheet for this dress)
Trims/Notions: old pillow case for bias tape. lace trim from Joann. grosgrain ribbon from stash

 These pajamas have become a favorite, especially on these hot summer nights we have been having lately. They are super comfy and great for jumping on the bed according to Erin. 






I hope you have all been enjoying the start of summer. We have been hanging by the lake and just enjoying not having to wake up to catch a bus! Blogging will probably continue to be a bit sparse as we enjoy the summer but I'll still post stuff on Instagram if you'd like to follow along there. I have been sewing and will be sure to blog about stuff as I get a chance but most likely I will be at the lake if you need me :)

1 comment:

Thanks so much for the awesome comments!