Thursday, February 19, 2015

February "Free for All" - Kids pants by MADE

Hey everyone! Thanks for stopping by from  Frances Suzanne to see my contribution to the February "Free for All".  I think the whole Flip this Pattern series that Ashley and Emily are running is so great! There has been a lot of inspiration so far this month. For my free pattern, I chose the Kids Pants pattern/tutorial from Dana at MADE.  Dana's is one of the first blogs that I started to follow and the first garment I ever made for Erin, I made using her shirt dress tutorial.

Dana's pants tutorial and pant pattern was a staple of mine for Jack. The instructions are so clear and easy to follow and Dana has a lot of pictures to help you along. I made quite a few pairs of pants and some shorts for Jack using the free pattern that Dana offered. The pattern is size 2T/3T but she also walks you through how to make your own pant pattern. Not only does she have the pant tutorial but she has additional tutorials for adding things like pockets and linings. Lots of good info over there on MADE!


few of the pants I've made Jack in the past:





So in trying to keep with the "free" theme for the month, I used some free fabric that I had to make some comfy lounge pants with pockets for Jack. The weather has been very cold and we have had lots of snow so far this winter. The kids have been having a blast going sleigh riding pretty much every day so I thought some comfy pants to change into after a day of sleigh riding would be perfect.






They pass the lounge test for sure!

The Details:
The Pattern: MADE kid pant tutorial and pocket tutorial I just used a pair of sweats that fit Jack well as a guide
The Fabric: from an old pair of pj pants of my husbands that were a sample pair given to him by a friend who worked for Nautica
Trims/Notions: 1/4" elastic which I really need to switch out for 3/4"....I only had 1/4" on hand and forgot to pick up 3/4" last time I was at Joann!

Thanks so much for stopping by and make sure you check out the other contributors today. Don't forget to join in the fun yourself by linking your creation made with a free pattern or tutorial to the linky party over at Frances Suzanne!

3 comments:

Thanks so much for the awesome comments!